10 Melbourne cafes you must visit


Melbourne is certainly known for its breakfast and coffee culture, with almost every cafe doing all day breakfast. Which is great for all the brunch lovers out there (me!). Its no secret I absolutely love my brunch so I've put together a list of some of my favourites cafes.

High Society- Armadale 

This cute little cafe in Armadale has been a favourite for a while. It serves up deliciously healthy breakfasts and lunch. The interior is super cute and the staff are always friendly. I always have trouble deciding what to get as the menu is amazing. Below is a photo of the veal tacos and the tofu with greens and smashed avo; both were definitely a hit.

Veal tacos and tofu supersalad

Legacy Camberwell

I had heard a lot of talk about this cafe and seen a lot of photos so that I decided that I had to go check it out for myself. I'm glad I did, the food was incredible. After much debate over the little somthin' somthin' and the pulled lamb salad, I went with the salad. If you haven't been here already, you need to go.


Lamb supersalad and avo feta mash



Urban Projuice- Albert Park

The menu here is completely meat and dairy free. Although I'm not a vegan I love vegan food so was pleasantly surprised when I saw the menu. There are plenty of options here that even the non-vegans will love! I ordered the DIY spring rolls with tofu which were incredible. I also tried the acai bowl which was honestly a work of art.


Blueberry acai bowl

DIY tofu spring rolls and acai bowl

Tall Timber- Prahran 

Always a popular cafe, I have been going to Tall Timber for years. The menu is healthy and delicious and there is always so much to choose from. Smashed avo is my all time favourite and Tall Timber do it best!
Banana bread and smashed avo 


Mr Mister- Windsor 

I stumbled across this cafe one morning when walking down Chapel Street. I got the Mr Mister super salad with mixed quinoa, spiced cauliflower, broccolini, rocket, feta and poached eggs. I also tried the breakfast board with overnight oats and bruised peach yoghurt, with smashed avocado on toast. There was so many items on the menu that I wanted to try. I can't wait to try the burrito bowl next time!


Mr Mister super salad and the breakfast board

Mr Sister- Malvern East

The newly opened sister cafe to Mr Mister definitely lived up to my expectations. After having been to Mr Mister and loving it, I was eager to try this new cafe when I heard it was run by the same owners. If you are in the area, definitely one to check out. 

Kale and Quinoa Super Salad and the Acai Bowl

Matcha Mylkbar- St Kilda

This cafe was on my list for a long time before I managed to go. I was very intrigued about the green burgers I kept seeing on Instagram, which are actually made from matcha if you didn't know (I didn't), so I already knew what I was going to order before we arrived. I got the vegan chicken burger with sweet potato fries which was incredible! If you go here- you must try the green burger. 

Vegan chicken burger, sweet potato gnocchi and braised lentils with brown rice

Laneway Greens- Flinders Lane

This place really is a hidden gem. I was very impressed when I spotted it in Flinders Lane, however realised many other people had 'discovered' it too as it was pretty busy. We ordered the acai bowl (with peanut butter) and the chocolate smoothie bowl. They were both amazing and I will definitely be back to try one of their savoury bowls. 



My Other Brother- Camberwell 

Occupying a prime location near the Sunday Market, this place is definitely no secret. The staff were super friendly and helpful as we couldn't decide what to order and the food was super tasty. 

Smashed avo and quinoa salad with greens, a poached egg and a side of mushrooms

Left Field- Carnegie 

Saving my favourite until last, this place is incredible! I can not recommend it highly enough. The ex head chef of Tall Timber owns this place and he has done a fantastic job. The fit out is bright and spacious and the food is my favourite in Melbourne. I've tried a lot of this menu and nothing disappoints. Although it may be a bit of a trek for some, it is definitely worth the trip, you won't be disappointed.


Have any cafes you recommend? Let me know in the comments!  xx

Comments

Popular Posts